Home solar panels are becoming more and more popular, as people are realizing the numerous benefits of having them installed. From saving you money on your energy bills to helping the environment, solar panels have a lot to offer.
According to solar installation Sydney owner Mina Gilto, there is no better time to take the leap and invest in solar panels for your home than right now, as there are various incentives available for those who switch to renewable power sources. Aside from this, more people are becoming aware of the harmful impact our reliance on fossil fuels has on the environment as the days pass.
If you are thinking about having a reliable service provider set up solar panels for your living space, here are significant reasons why you should do it sooner rather than later!
- Environmental benefits are huge with solar power. Ever since people have been using fossil fuels, humans have released carbon dioxide into the atmosphere which has contributed significantly to climate change. Carbon emissions are also dangerous to our health and contribute to respiratory distress such as asthma and bronchitis in children and adults. Solar power provides a cleaner source of energy that is much better for us and for future generations who will live here when we are gone.
- Many studies show that adding solar panels at home can add significantly to your property value. This is because it makes your living space more environmentally friendly, and it will make use of fewer resources to maintain, both of which are attractive to home buyers.
- Solar panels can prevent you from having to pay high electricity bills each month. In some states, you can sell the extra energy your solar panels produce back to the utility company. This is called net metering, and it is a great way to reduce your electricity costs even more!
- Tax credits are available for homeowners who install solar panels. Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a tax credit by setting up solar panels. Some of the state governments are currently providing a solar panel incentive for homeowners who install qualifying solar energy systems in their homes.
- Solar power is a renewable resource and unlike other forms of energy that are generated by burning something, it does not contribute to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Solar power uses the heat and light from the sun to create thermal energy which can be used in hot water heaters or other heating systems you have at home. In fact, solar thermal energy is one of the most widely used forms of renewable energy since it’s been around for a long time – it’s been around for more than 100 years!
- Government policies often favour homeowners who install solar panels on their houses. For example, if your state has a Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) then you may be able to get a rebate from your utility company. An RPS requires utilities operating in that state to provide a set percentage of energy from renewable resources.
- Solar panels can help you reduce your carbon footprint. A solar panel installation will usually offset between 2 and 4 tons of CO2 emissions each year!
- Installing solar panels can make your home more comfortable to live in because you will have less demand on the power grid of your utility company. This is especially beneficial in the summer when everyone is using their air conditioners at the same time!
- Solar panels are a great investment and can save you money in the long run. Even if you do not live in a state that offers net metering, you can still sell the energy your solar panels produce back to the grid during peak hours for a higher price. Talk to your solar installer about this and see how much money you can save.
Some of the advantages gained from setting up solar panels at home are environmental, some are financial, and some are even legal! But keep in mind that solar power is an excellent renewable energy source that cannot be understated. It is one of our biggest contributions to “going green” in recent years.