Have you ever had a sprain?
Yes, the same sprain that often comes in the foot after falling in a high or low place. Basically, the cause of pain or injury in the foot is due to dislocation of the ankle.
The ankle is the most important part of the body. The ankle connects not just the toes to the rest of the body. But it also plays an important role in many important activities like walking, running or lifting weights, etc.
The great yoga gurus of India have created many asanas in the science of yoga to keep the ankle healthy and protect them from any problems. By practicing these asanas, not only the ankles but also many other parts of the body are healthy.
That is why in this article, we will give you information about 4 yoga asanas that remove every problem of ankles. After reading this article, you can also take advantage of them.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join Online Yoga Teacher Training Course, India.
1. Chair Pose
Utkatasana is a Vyasa-style posture with a moderate level of difficulty. The duration of doing this is said to be 30-50 seconds. By doing this asana, there is a stretch in the shoulders and ribs. Whereas it helps in strengthening the thighs, rib column, ankles, and calves.
When you do squats to sit in the posture of Utkatasana and with time you start sitting down. Then the body has to oppose the force of gravity to stand up. With the practice of Utkatasana, gradually your quadriceps start getting stronger.
2. Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
According to yoga science, Garudasana is an asana of simple difficulty or basic level. It is considered to be the seat of the Vinyasa style. Garudasana should be practiced on one leg only for 15-30 seconds. Then it can be done on the other leg as well.
By doing Garudasana, there is a stretch in the shoulders, thighs, hips, ankles, calves, and upper back. While its regular practice strengthens the ankles, calves, and ankles.
3. Extended Hand To Big Toe Pose
By doing Uttit Hasta Padangusthasana, there is a strain on the feet, ankles, and knees, which is very helpful in making them strong. To do this asana, the leg on which you stand makes it especially strong. It helps in maintaining physical balance.
4. Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)
This yoga posture is very easy to do. This asana is very beneficial for reducing weight and making the body beautiful. Gomukhasana strengthens the muscles of our shoulders. It also gives a lot of stretch to the ankles.
Method of doing Gomukhasana:
- Sit on a yoga mat in Sukhasana or cross-legged posture.
- Pull the left leg towards your body and bring it to you.
- Place the right leg on top of the thigh of the left leg.
- Pull this leg also and bring it near your body.
- Place the right hand over the shoulder.
- Bend the elbow and take the hand behind your back as far as possible.
- Bend the left hand also at the elbow.
- Move from the side of the stomach to the back.
- Now pull both hands and try to join them together.
- Hold hands behind the back.
- When discomfort starts in this position, then you come back to the starting position.
- Open both the hands and straighten the legs.