In 2000, the Karnataka government had launched a flagship Land Records and Management system to allow agricultural landowners to convert their land for non-agricultural use through a hassle-free system named Bhoomi online.
Bhoomi was launched as an online platform to maintain the Record of Rights, Tenancy and Crop information where residents can carry out their submission and withdrawal process and enquire about their land status from home. The Karnataka government launched the portal to allow hassle-free conversion of agricultural land into non-agricultural land for residential, commercial, recreational and industrial purposes. This step will efficiently increase the state’s flexibility in doing other businesses and make the land conversion process smooth and hassle-free.
Hence, if an individual owns agricultural land in the state and wants to convert it into non-agricultural land to construct a house by availing a home loan, he/she will need to know the documents required to continue the application process.
- Previously, conversion of land required around 15-20 documents that included sale deed, tax receipts, survey maps, zonal certificates, NOC etc. These documents need to be submitted across several departments for authentication purposes between 6-12 months.
- However, the online application process is based on an affidavit. The applicants need to submit an application copy and the Mutation record, a copy of RTC Karnataka certificate and an affidavit with an 11E sketch (if required).
- All the other documents, such as layout plans, NOCs, tax receipts, land records, etc., will be collected by the revenue department through Bhoomi online, in participation with other departments.
These are the essential documents to keep in mind before applying for a land purchase loan. Now, residents looking to utilise agricultural land for a commercial purpose will no longer need to visit multiple government departments. They can apply for land conversion through Bhoomi online by following these simple steps:
- Landowners need to visit the official website.
- Provide RTC online details with appropriate signature in affidavit documents (in presence of a notary) and 11E sketch. The 11E sketch is only provided in case any part of the property is to be converted.
- These documents can either be submitted in the deputy commissioner’s office or online using an Aadhaar number.
- The application details are sent to the concerned departments and asked to revert within 30 days.
- In case no objection comes within 30 days, the application is considered approved.
This is how applicants can choose to transform their agricultural land into a commercial one and also maintain a record with Karnataka RTC.
The Bhoomi portal is also useful for individuals looking to purchase a home using housing credits. They can easily check the status of the property to be purchase using the portal. In this regard, they should also know how to choose between a home loan and a land purchase loan to make an appropriate financing decision.
A home loan is an advance that is curated to enable the purchase of a residential property. It comes with a host of benefits allowing individuals to finance their purchase without hassle.
Top financial institutions provide pre-approved offers to allow simplified home loan application. Such offers are available on several financial products such as loan against property, home loan and more. Prospective applicants can check their pre-approved offer by submitting their name and contact information.
The Karnataka government has taken all the necessary steps to initiate the Bhoomi online application process. In future, this development will make the land conversion process swift and comfortable.