Most of the time, an error in QuickBooks is triggered while performing a specific operation. However, there are also some errors that can be triggered during multiple operations, like QuickBooks error 6123. This is a company file error that can appear while opening, restoring, or updating the company file. As this error is not specific to a single operation in QuickBooks, there are several reasons that are responsible for its occurrence. For more detailed info on how to get rid of QuickBooks company file error 6123, follow the complete article until the end.
Users looking for direct support and guidance resolving QuickBooks Desktop error 6123 can dial QuickBooks Desktop support number +1-855-856-0042 and speak to one of the experts from the QuickBooks technical support team.
You may also Need: QuickBooks Error 6190
Some Obvious Reasons for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6123
- The first and the most common reason that can trigger error 6123 in QuickBooks is opening the company file directly from the Windows explorer instead of opening it from within QuickBooks Desktop.
- Corruption in the company file can also trigger error code 6123 in QuickBooks.
- In case if some of the services are not running in the background, that is required to perform operations with the company file.
As of now, we have discussed the reasons for the error, now let’s move to the troubleshooting of the issue.
Top Solutions to Quickly Get Rid of QuickBooks Error Message 6123
Solution 1: Open the Company File in a Correct Manner
If you are getting the error while opening the company file, then follow the instructions
listed below. In case if the error is appearing while restoring or updating the company file, then follow the next solution listed below.
1.Open QuickBooks Desktop.
2.Once you see the No Company Open screen, select the Open/Restore Company option.
3.Browse the company file and select it.
4.Now check if you are able to open the company file.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official QuickBooks website.
- Now install and run it on your system.
- Move to the Company File Issues tab and select QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen and repair the company file.
- Try to restore the company file and check if this resolves the error.
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix My Program Tool from Tool Hub
If you are getting the error while updating the company file, run Quick Fix My Program Tool from Tool Hub to resolve the issue.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub once again and move to the Program Issues tab.
- Select Quick Fix My Program option and follow the on-screen instructions to run the tool.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes until the tool rectifies issues with the QuickBooks application.
- Once done, try to update the company file once again and check if this resolves the problem.
If you are still not able to rectify QuickBooks error 6123, then as a last resort of help, you can reach QuickBooks support at direct support number +1-855-856-0042.